Saturday, November 29, 2008

Busy week & weekend

Well, we were on vacation from last Saturday until Tuesday. We went to Gatlinburg, TN & had a wonderful time! It was so nice to just get away & the kids loved staying in "our new house". They were so funny while they were exploring everything. They've never stayed anywhere but at home or at my mom's house. We rented a chalet & it was beautiful. It was just up the mountain from downtown Gatlinburg so we were close to everything. I recommend visiting there! Here's a picture of the boys at Cades Cove.

Now we are preparing for Christmas. We put our Christmas tree up on Thursday because we were home all day. I love our tree. It's really pretty. We have lots of lights & lots of ornaments. The boys love it & really haven't messed with it as much as I thought they would. Pictures don't do it justice but here's one anyway!

I've also spent some time taking pictures of my boys today. They weren't dressed up or anything. Actually they were still in their pajamas but I thought they looked cute!






I am almost through with my Christmas shopping!!! Yay me!! I never, ever get up & go shopping on the Friday after Thanksgiving but this year Walmart had 2 items that I was sure I needed. I got up Friday morning at 4am & headed to Walmart. I got there & walked in & there were hoards of people standing around all of these pallets full of stuff going on sale at 5am. Well, stupidly, I thought "Well, I'll just check out the electronics department since everything I want is there". BIG MISTAKE!! I couldn't get within 100 feet of any part of electronics. There were so many people! Apparently the budget crunch isn't affecting people around here! Everyone in Olive Branch was at Walmart.Well, needless to say, I promptly turned around & walked to my minivan & was back in bed by 4:45am. I did go back around 9am & got 1 of the items I wanted & it was much less crowded!! Saving that mental note for next year because I decided that Walmart couldn't give away stuff to get me there that early again!
Anyway, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I have so much to be thankful for this year. My husband is wonderful & my sweet boys are happy & healthy! What more could I ask for!

1 comment:

Lainey-Paney said...

Target. You totally have to do Target. I was there this year when the doors opened!

I love black Friday!