Saturday, November 15, 2008

Time for Christmas

Well, I'm officially Christmas shopping, ugh! I am not a crowd person & I don't enjoy getting to the store early to get the best deal! Really, I prefer to shop online when possible! I don't know exactly what the boys are getting for Christmas. Afterall, they already have way too much stuff. I think I need to toughen up & just get rid of the stuff that they don't play with, even if it's in good shape! That's my problem, I am forever holding on to stuff because it's still good. Well, if no one plays with it, it's just in the way. I think I may work on this today, otherwise, we will be run out of our house by toys this holiday season!
Now, onto other subjects. We are going to vacation next week! Really, it's just a small vacation, 4 days & 3 nights in Gatlinburg but we are so excited! It's the first vacation we've taken since we got married 5 years ago. Usually, when Kevin gets vacation time saved up we have a baby & he spends vacation time at the hospital!! I'm actually a homebody but it will be fun for our little family to just get away! Kevin needs it because his job is driving him crazy right now! He works 2nd shift so we have very little time together since I work mornings...but I guess you do what you have to do....
Now, I'm thinking about putting up the Christmas tree! We will probably do that the day after Thanksgiving! Kevin hates putting it up that early but I love it. It gets me in the mood for the holiday season & the boys love it. I love to see their little faces when they lay on the floor under the tree & look up at all the pretty lights. I get tired of fighting for them to leave my ornaments alone but they're a little older this year so maybe they'll listen to reason, haha!
I know Christmas trees & toys are not what Christmas is all about & I'm sure I put too much emphasis on these things. I am trying to figure out how to make this Christmas special for my boys & teach them what the season is really all about. Poppy Joy's mommy posted a wonderful idea on her blog about making each day a learning experience about the true meaning of Christmas. I thought this was such a great idea because as we raise these children we are responsible for giving them truth, first & foremost. Hopefully, when we give them a strong foundation they will not be so easily swayed in the future. I want my boys to always be thankful for a Savior that was born to this earth just so he could die on a cross so that we can spend eternity in Heaven with Him. What an awesome thought. Even before there was Christmas God loved us enough to do that. Amazing!!

No comments: