Thursday, October 30, 2008

God & Religion

A relative, to remain unnamed, says that we are not electing a preacher, we are electing a president. My question, not to her because I don't care what she has to say, but to anyone else is this, Why would I keep my core beliefs out of my decision for president? My core belief is that we were created by God Almighty & He sent His precious SON (His baby!!) to die on a cross so that I would be allowed into His Heaven if I accept Him as my Lord & Savior! This belief should form my opinions in all matters.
All decisions that I have made in my life have not been centered on this idea. The decisions that I have made in my life that were for myself & without thinking about what God thinks have ended in disaster in my life. Even now, all my decisions are not centered where they should be. I am working on that & trying very hard to always think of what God wants me to do.
So, again, why would I keep my beliefs out of my decision for president? I wouldn't! My beliefs are my fundamental center. My core beliefs are what makes me who I am. My decisions are based on what I believe! My beliefs are not a religion but a relationship with my Creator.
Abortion is my number one issue. I don't believe that God appreciates a woman's "right to choose". God, our Father, knows us by name & knit us together in our mother's womb. He knows the number of hairs on our heads. There is no one that can tell me that He is happy that people have made murdering His precious children okay.
I feel sorry for a person that thinks they can keep their fundamental beliefs out of their decisions. You can't because what you believe is who you are. Maybe some don't believe in anything & I really feel sorry for those people.
I will not sell out my future or the future of my children by voting for the most liberal Senator in Washington! Liberals have given us legal abortion, the idea that homosexual marriage should be accepted & welfare. I will be voting for John McCain & Sarah Palin on November 4th. I am praying without ceasing that people would wake up & see Barack Obama for the danger that he is. There are people that are so blinded by their own ignorance that no matter what happens they will be voting for Obama but for anyone that is on the fence or that actually has core convictions the choice is glaringly clear.
I hope next Tuesday all Christians will vote their core beliefs & convictions. I will be!

No comments: