Saturday, February 21, 2009

Crazy Days

It has been CRAZY around our house. Let's see, all 3 of the boys have been sick, I've been sick & Kevin has been working all the time! So, since my last post alot of stuff has happened.
First, Will & Amy got married on January 17th! It was a simply gorgeous wedding!

Of course, the day before the wedding I had to take Jacob to the doctor & we were told that Jacob not only had a double ear infection but also RSV. So, we have been dealing with illness ever since then. I guess I've been to a doctors office about 9 or 10 times in the last month. Eli has had an ear infection, Joshua had a HORRIBLE cough & cold & poor Jacob battled the same ear infection for the entire month, complete with 4 rounds of antibiotics, including three shots, ugh! Well, that ended this past Wednesday with tubes! He's already a new baby! Here's a couple of pictures of him before he went in for his tubes.


I'm so happy to have that out of the way. Ear infections mean no sleep for any of us!!
In the last month we have all done some growing.
Eli seems ready to start learning to read. By "seems ready" I mean he doesn't run away when I mention it. I guess we will see. I ordered Hooked on Kindergarten. I would like for him to have some idea about reading by the time August gets here. He will be 5 in August & we will be starting Kindergarten. I'll keep you posted on that one. I am resigned to the fact that I may very well lose my mind trying to get him to sit still long enough to learn to read!



Joshua turned 3 on February 1st. I can't believe it's already been 3 years. He is turning into a little man so fast. He IS potty trained!!! YAY!!! I thought it might not happen, but just as I was about to be sent away to the nut house he decided he would start using the potty!! I am VERY proud of him!




Jacob has decided that he wants to be on his own. He does a crawl/drag himself thing to move around. It's adorable. Of course, in the process he has discovered that he likes the playroom! He heads that way as soon as he is put down! He is so funny & he loves being able to "play" with Eli & Joshua.


All in all we have had a good time as a family, once you get past the being sick!! The boys are growing & changing every single day. I am so happy to watch them grow & I am looking forward to what God has in store for our family. I'm thrilled to be wife to a wonderful husband & mommy to some of the sweetest boys I know! Here's a picture from Joshua's birthday of all 4 of the men in my life!

What an honor it is to be the woman in all their lives! I love them all so much!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how you talk about all the troubles with being a mom and having to deal with SUCH HARD times with the boys being so SICK & at the end of it all i love that you say its an honor to be the woman in their lives- now thats AWESOME!!!!


Sometimes it is so hard but the love for your children exceeds everything!!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Just found your blog and love it...also praying for Stellan...hope you will stop by and meet Jack, our miracle.